I need to get back on track after taking a week off, so random it is…
1. I’ve tried to start shredding with Jillian again. Last week I was able to keep it up Monday through Thursday and it was difficult because I have three children to get ready on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we cannot be late getting Taylor to preschool. So those mornings were basically spent shredding while listening to people cry and I just could not handle that. So Friday & Saturday, when I had to be somewhere early, I just didn’t do it and Sundays are always off. Then I didn’t do it Monday either and Tuesday was a preschool day. I did Shred this morning though, and I am going to try to keep it up for M-W-F from now on. Every T-T-S-S I have a place to be at 9 with all children dressed and fed and I just don’t miserable people anymore!
2. Last night was our September Women on Mission meeting for church and we voted on a slate of officers. I am the secretary now! Not that I had anyone against me, but I am still excited to get to do this. We also talked about fundraisers and are going to do a craft bazaar in November (on my suggestion!) that I am so excited about! If you’re not in WOM and would like to know more about this, let me know!
3. I made 2 Baby Taggy Blankeys as gifts for Kameron and Jakin. I’ve been wanting to make one of these since Taylor was a baby and just now got around to it. I know the boys are approaching being to old for one of these, but I really wanted to make them each one. Kameron’s is the monkey one (of course) and Jakin got the corduroy polkadot one. I have a huge basket full of ribbon, so I just picked out some cute ones and on they went! The back is white minky dot fabric.
4. Homeschooling Kristopher is going great! He is waking up and wanting to get started every morning and we have been having a good time with it. The only part that isn’t really great is the math. He doesn’t seem to have any confidence in himself with math and it isn’t really my favorite subject. He can do it though…that subject just takes longer for us. His Unit 1 tests will all be this week and next, so I can see how he is actually doing with the material. Then we get to move on to some new books! We really are enjoying this for our family and everytime I hear about something that has happened in school this year I praise the Lord that we made this decision. Here is a picture of him at his desk. This sewing desk was in the house when we bought it and my machine doesn’t fit it so we had it out in the garage. We are using it for now since it was free. It is working much better than the kitchen table did on our first day. My desk is next to it and the computer desk is across the room from it, so I can just slide my chair over from where ever I’m sitting to help him.
5. I have been trying to find coupons for my groceries and everything else I buy in the last couple of weeks. I read about a woman who gets a full cart of groceries every week for $4-$10 and that inspired me to at least get a few dollars off ours! It would be so nice to be able to do what she does, but I am not willing to spend 4 hours in a grocery store messing with all of it; 1 to 1 1/2 hours is enough! SO, if you find any good coupons let me know – I’ll take them!
6. Kody has started training his replacement at NCR and will be starting his new job at Ag Connections on October 1. We are very excited, but also nervous about this.
7. I am going to be setting up an informational meeting sometime in the next few months to try to guage interest in American Heritage Girls and getting a troop in Murray. If anyone would be interested in helping me with that or interested in having this sort of program for girls here, please contact me. This is a Christ centered scouting program for girls 5-18. They stress purity and service and stewardship to the girls and I would really like to have this available to my daughter next year when she is the right age. Go to the site to learn more about their Mission Statement and what they do.
8. I have signed up to be an Usborne Books consultant. I will be having a show at the end of September to “announce” my business and let everyone see some books. If you would like to see some before then contact me or visit my website. If you would like to order or book your own show/party let me know as well. Right now, I can get you double free books as a hostess. These books are so wonderful for kids. We have so many at our house and they are the favorite “go to” books for my kids. They really are “The books kids love to read!”
9. I am wondering, this morning, why my children cannot grasp the concept of “being quiet.” Why is this so hard. I think since we moved here last year that everyone has gotten louder…is it because of the extra space? Do they think it has to be filled with noise all the time? I just don’t get it.
10. And because I feel like I need to have an even 10 things… Here is a scripture that I read on Martin’s blog yesterday and have been thinking on. Go read what he has to say – so good!
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.” 2 Tim 2:15-16 NIV