For any of you out there that think I must not make mistakes and that everything I make is cute (I really doubt that there are any of you, but just in case) this post is for you!
I have been wanting to make a cute little layered tulle skirt ever since I saw one of our cousin’s daughter wearing one at her first birthday party. i am pretty sure it was from ribbon chix* and it was the most adorable thing ever. I had some tulle leftover from the tutus I was making so I decided to try tonight. Let me just tell you this: I HATE WORKING WITH TULLE! The tutus that I tie are fine enough, but trying to lay it out and sew it – fugghetaboutit.
Problems I have with my version:
1. You can see through it. That’s 6 layers of tulle and still you can see what’s underneath. Not going to work for what I wanted.
2. The waistband looks like yuck.
3. It is near impossible to see what you’re sewing with that many layers of tulle and be able to tell what tier they go to. I messed up and didn’t realize it until I had cut off the extra.
4. It’s just not the one I saw and what I want.
So, in my opinion, if you make these cute skirts you are awesome and whatever you charge is totally worth it. I guess if I want one for Taylor bad enough I’ll have to break down and buy one. We’ll see. She’s almost too old for a cutesy birthday party outfit isn’t she?
* If you are on facebook, look up ribbon chix and check out their profile pictures. They have a lot of different tulle skirts, but there is a purple one that has a shirt with it that says big sis. That is similar to the one Bella had. So cute!