We are told, by God, to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I would like to say that I do this and at times it is true, but I have times when my prayer life is lacking. This week is a time when I find myself uttering prayers often though. Some are for sad things, others for happy. I am trying to be thankful in all things (1 Thessalonians 5:18) also. Below are a few things I’m praying for this week. If you would, pray along with me.
1. Hurting friends who have lost siblings in the past. I can’t imagine the sense of loss, even after many years, especially for siblings who were close. Prayers for peace and happy thoughts for my friend.
2. Loss of another friend’s father. Kody’s best friend’s father. Though expected in the near future this is still a very sad time for his family and a thought provoking time for those close. Prayers for peace and celebration at the funeral.
3. For my friend, Bill, having surgery right now. It’s nothing bad, just a broken foot, but prayers for safety in surgery and quick healing afterward. I know things will be difficult since he is not a calm still person. :) Praying for contentment and family time during his time at home also.
4. Prayers for a new baby as I help plan and get things together for a baby shower tomorrow night. Praying for smooth transitions and health as the family welcomes their new baby girl.
5. Our first official week of school. We’ve been doing small things for the past 2 weeks, but we’re planning to really get into it this week. Looking like we’ll start Wednesday when things have calmed down (hopefully).
6. Remembering my grandfather. With so much loss on my mind I am thinking of Papa. On Wednesday it will be 18 years since he died. I miss him and will always remember where I was and where I went when I found out. I loved spending time with him and was so sad that he was gone. Now I have a hard time even remembering him, but I do want to.
7. Kody’s first week working as a programmer. He is still working for the same company, he just moved to a new office in a new building and is finally doing what he loves. I am so proud of him and I pray that his first couple of weeks go smoothly and are fun for him.