Some random thoughts for you from me. You don’t have to thank me. ;) (I’ll add pictures when I figure out what’s wrong – photos aren’t uploading and links aren’t working…)
1. I was looking at Taylor earlier and thought she looks like she has a comb over. Her hair has been crazy since she grew it. It is always going in whatever direction it feels like. I know you have to “train” the hair to go the way you want, but I didn’t think it would take more than 6 years! She has the prettiest curls, but they like to stick out every which way and I wish they would lie right. I know she doesn’t care right now though. :)
2. Kameron wants to play green mario all the time. I’ll let you in on a secret. Green Mario is really Luigi. Kameron apparently likes Mario, but his favorite colors are green and purple, and well there isn’t a purple mario. Every single time I typed Mario, I actually typed Marion and had to backspace the n…that’s crazy!
3. I made myself a pretty new camera strap yesterday. I have seen pictures of these that people sell and I just took a camera strap apart and did my own thing. I have wanted one of these for a long time and I can’t figure out why I didn’t make one sooner. It was so easy and now my camera looks so fancy. It’s the little things sometimes.
4. Kameron’s speech is getting so much clearer. He’s starting to sound like a little boy instead of a toddler. I’m pretty sure his thoughts are getting clearer as well. As in, he actually knows what he wants and is able to articulate it. So great, but sad at the same time.
5. Last Saturday was another work day on the bathroom. I didn’t take any pictures until this morning. What they did was drill some holes and put in the tub drain pipe and work on the framework for the walls. Now the bathtub has pieces of wood around it and is stabilized. The ledge is built so that the drywall can be built around it. (Don’t you just love how I really don’t know the right terminology for all of this? Sorry if it’s frustrating to read my descriptions of what is going on!) Starting to get really excited about seeing the finished product! Here are a couple of pictures I took today:
6. I just found a post I started the first weekend they worked on the bathroom with some funny things the kids said. Since I forgot to add those to my first post, you can read them now. My kids really do crack me up. They have such big personalities. (sometimes this a little embarassing, yes am the easily embarrassed mom.)
a. Grandaddy & Kody: Then the poophole will be exposed… (while removing the toilet)
Taylor yelling to everyone: The poophole will be exploding!
b. Kristopher (while pulling old tile off the walls): My fingers are stuck.
Grandaddy (after removing them): Now, then, don’t use your fingers as a crowbar anymore. (Then GD started prying at the tile/wall with his fingers.:) )
c. Grandaddy: Don’t touch that wax – it will get all over you and never come off.
Kameron (a bit later): What’s that stuff? Can I get yucky?
Taylor: NO KAMERON! That will get poop all over you. It’s poop! (it was wax.)
7. I am enjoying the Christmas decorations here and everywhere else we go. I will post about my decorated house soon. :) I am also enjoying friends right now and looking forward to visiting with family soon. I was immensely blessed by a card I received from a sweet family friend today. Christmas is about Jesus and what He did for all of us. Nothing else really matters and I’m clinging to that this year. Slow down, spend time with people you love and work on your relationship with The One Who Died for you. He’s waiting.