I need a list of things that are making me happy right now to counter all the difficulties from the last week. So, in no particular order:
1. This song. Also, both Despicable Me movies. They just make you want to smile.
2. My family playing a board game. Yes, they were playing without me, but it was good to hear them playing, while I was working on kitchen stuff.
3. Yummy freshly canned applesauce. In February. So nice to have a big box of yummy apples to work with when it’s not apple season anymore!
4. A bright sunny new towel:
5. Forget the Frock: Definitely doing this, this year for Easter.
6. Two little boys feeding the birds before the impending ice storm:
7. Cinnamon Raisin bread in the bread machine:
8. Being snuggled inside our cozy house with my family, while this is outside:
I just hope that we can keep our electricity and that by the time I have to take Kristopher 30 miles away to the orthodontist on Wednesday it will all be melted. ;)
9. Lamentations 3:22-24, because:
Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”
All that has happened this week has put a damper on my days, but these things will not steal my joy. I will always hope in the Lord and His compassions will not fail and I will not be consumed, except by Him.